Stained Glass Windows
At the time of the Consecration in 1902, it is probable that most if not all of the windows were of plain glass, as some of those in the chancel and transept still are. All were installed within the first 25 years of completion of the building so while none are likely original they can all be considered contemporary.
The many stained glass windows surrounding the Aisle were given in memory of various parishioners, each illustrating a different saint and incorporating an appropriate description.
This window, found on the North side of the Aisle, shows the 'angel of the waters ' refers to the healing of the paralytic at Bethesda, a story from the Gospel of John about an angel blessing the Pool of Bethesda, giving it healing powers. The scripture below reads "And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations" and is taken from The Book of Revelation Chapter 22, verse 2
The dedication reads "To the Glory of God and in loving memory of Alfred Markwick MD who passed to his rest 12 March 1887"