(3) West Window
The West Window (3) was designed by Charles Eamer Kempe and dedicated to Rev John Brownlow Chandler.
Kempe's trademark wheatsheaf can be seen in the lower part of the left margin.
The window was commissioned in 1903 and features, in typical Kempe colours, St John the Evangelist in the left panel, St Barnabas in the right panel and St Michael in the roundel. The drawing (cartoon) for St John was originally drawn for Selwyn College, Cambridge. The other two were created specifically for Grayswood. The original cartoons are held in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Restoration work to the window, one of the first objectives of the Centenary Appeal, was carried out in 2002 by Clifford G Durrant & Sons of Horsham (a well-known member of the Kempe Society).